eligibility requirements and grant guidelines
To apply for an Impact Grants Chicago grant, an organization must:
- Be classified as a “Public Charity” with tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code for a minimum of 36 months prior to applying for the grant.
- Be headquartered and operate in the city of Chicago.
- Provide the majority of the services of the proposed project or program for which funding is requested in Chicago. (If any services of the proposed project or program are provided outside of Chicago, they must be provided within Cook County.)
- Report total revenues for the last full fiscal year between $650,000 and $8 million.
- Independently file an IRS Form 990 and be independently audited.
- Use the full amount of the grant within 24 months.
*Please Note: Previous recipients of Impact 100 Chicago’s $100,000 grants awarded in the year 2017 may not apply for an Impact Grants Chicago grant for a period of three years after the grant was awarded.