eligibility requirements and grant guidelines
To apply for an Impact Grants Chicago grant, an organization must:
- Be classified as a “Public Charity” with tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code for a minimum of 36 months prior to applying for the grant.
- Be headquartered and operate in the city of Chicago, with all services of the proposed project or program provided in Chicago.
- Report total operating revenues for the last full fiscal year, including in-kind donations, between $750,000 and $8 million.
- Independently file an IRS Form 990 and be independently audited.
- Use the full amount of the grant within 24 months.
*Please Note: Previous recipients of Impact 100 Chicago’s $100,000 grants awarded in the years 2015, 2016 and 2017 may not apply for an Impact Grants Chicago grant for a period of three years after the grant was awarded.