eligibility requirements and grant guidelines
To apply for an Impact Grants Chicago grant, an organization must:
Please note: Previous recipients of a $100,000 Impact Grant awarded in the year 2018 or later may not apply for a period of three years after the grant was awarded.
- Be classified as a “Public Charity” with tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code for a minimum of 36 months prior to applying for the grant.
- Be headquartered and operate in the city of Chicago.
- Provide the majority of the services in the city of Chicago.
- Report total revenues for the last full fiscal year between $650,000 and $8 million.
- Independently file an IRS Form 990 (unless exempt by federal law) and be independently audited.
- Be separately audited, if the entity applying for the grant is a subsidiary or consolidated affiliate.
- Use the full amount of the grant within 24 months.